So, for the first post, I thought I would share a little more about myself and where I see this blog going.
This is me. 25. Single mom (for now). Arachnid obsessed. Slave to all things beauty. Dedicated to my small business and it's customers. In love with all things mint or peppermint. Socially awkward. Travel addict...and frequent visitor of the beach (cold weather or not).
Five things about you which most people would not guess?
1. I lost 210 lbs when I was 18-19, through my own diet and exercize program.
2. I am a recovered alcoholic for 3 years now. I stopped cold turkey when I found out about my son.
3. I have severe social anxiety disorder which causes paralyzing anxiety attacks at times.
4. I lived in Australia for a short time and planned on moving permanently.
5. Aside from the arachnids and snake, I also have a breeding pair of sugar gliders, 5 dogs, 2 ferrets, a horse and a lovebird.
Why spiders? They are so creepy!
I used to think so too. I think now, I can identify with how outcast they are from the world. In reality, they are beneficial to us. They help control the outdoor pest population and their venom is being studied to possibly create medications that will be very helpful to us.
However, I realize many people have an intense fear of them, so I will very rarely post pictures.
What direction am I going with future blog posts?
I plan to share info about upcoming giveaways/sales for VC. Also, updates on new product development and early swatches for upcoming collections. The occassional review of items that are non-VC related and of course the very rare personal posts.
Any upcoming collection hints?
On November 3rd, I plan to release the "Once, They All Believed in Dragons.." collection. It will be dragon inspired, and the colors will be geared towards dark, interesting shades.
Hope you all are having a lovely weekend!