Monday, January 30, 2012

China Glaze Magnetix Polish Swatches and Thoughts

Hello lovely people!  I got my China Glaze shipment from Head2Toe Beauty, which contained two "Magnetix" polishes and two of their magnets.  I chose "Drawn to You" and "Pull Me Close" (the purple and the blue).
The magnet was a bit smaller than I had expected.


I have heard mixed things about the CG magnet, particularly the "star" design.  I personally love the CG magnet, but the star did present a problem.  It seemed to look good once the magnet was removed, but then it blurred, as seen on the following swatch (mostly on the pinky).

One coat on pointer and ring finger.  Two coats on middle and pinky.  The first two are "Pull Me Close" and the last two are "Drawn to You".  The top swatch is with flash and the bottom in dimming natural light.


I will be giving one of the magnets away in my March giveaway, so check back for that!
Overall, the CG Magnetix polishes applied very smoothly, and looked decent with one coat.  I would still suggest putting a second coat for richer color.
You can find these on Head2Toe Beauty, TransDesign and 8ty8 Beauty for under $5.00.

Have you tried the China Glaze magnet?  What do you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. Never tried but I really like the asterism (or star?) effect.

    ReplyDelete